April 13, 2017 • Garrett K.
The best way to give feedback to SOLIDWORKS about product features or enhancements is through the customer portal. Here you can vote for or create new requests for enhancements to the software. In this Tech Tip we will go through the process of adding ourselves to a request.
- Open a web browser and go to www.solidworks.com.
- Select the “login” button near the top of the screen or go to www.customerportal.solidworks.com.
- If you selected “Login” next select “SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal” on the left.
- Use your SOLIDWORKS ID to login here (if you don’t have one you can create one at the bottom of the screen)
- Under the “My Support” section select “Enhancement Requests”
- Make sure your enhancement doesn’t already exist by searching for it first.
- If your enhancement exists already, select it. If not, select “Click Here” at the bottom and skip to step 9.
- Specify the version you are currently using and the reason you need this enhancement.
- If you are creating a new “Enhancement Request” specify the following:
- Area (Parts, drawings, Assemblies, Sketches)
- Subarea (Equations, 3D Sketches, Relationships)
- Product in Use (which version you are currently using)
- Description (detailed description of how this feature would change the way you use the software)
If you have questions about this, please give us a call at 800-370-3750.